Ignou MBA Admission 2018 – Ranked amongst top 20 universities in India, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers MBA of 2.5 years duration. Holding a good repute, School of Management Studies (SOMS) caters students across the world access to Ignou distance learning MBA education program.
Ignou provides a convenient fee structure and aspirants can get admission into distance MBA if they match the eligibility criteria. The university currently runs 10 programs in Management. The management programme currently consists of 50 courses.
To complete the master degree in management (MBA), students are required to complete 21 courses which are to be selected from pool of 50 courses as per the curriculum.
- Last date to apply for entrance test – 11th August 2017
- Date of Ignou Openmat XLII entrance test – 24th September 2017
Admissions to Ignou distance MBA programme takes place twice every year usually in the months of November and May. Admission is assured if the student:
- Attain the minimum cut -off marks or more in OPENMAT Entrance Exam Conducted by IGNOU. Aspirants can apply for OPENMAT exam which is held twice a year in January and July
- Meet the eligibility requirements for admission to the management programs offered by IGNOU.
For Ignou Distance learning MBA programme, the minimum duration is 2.5 years and the maximum duration for completing the course is 8 years.
Indira Gandhi Open University is world’s largest university in terms of a number of students & programs offered. Currently, IGNOU is serving more than 3,500,000 students all over the globe IGNOU hosts the Secretariats of the SAARC Consortium on Open and Distance Learning (SACODiL) and the Global Mega Universities Network (GMUNET) initially supported by UNESCO.
IGNOU collaborates with Indra Gandhi Open University is not only world’s largest university but also has one of the largest networks in the world. With 3,500,000 students in India and 40 countries abroad.
A graduate with at least 50% marks in general category or 45% in the reserved category OR a graduate with experience of at least 3 years OR a master’s degree OR Non-graduates with at least 6 years of experience and 10+2.
Also, candidates need to clear the OPENMAT conducted by Ignou for admission into its MBA program. Students who have given their CAT/ MAT or other state level exam may be exempted from giving OPENMAT exam. The cut off for these exams is determined by the university every year subject to a minimum of 40%.
- The total fee of IGNOU Distance MBA is Rs.31,000/-
- Total number of courses in the program= 21
- The fee per course= Rs.1,500
- The total program fee = Rs.1,500 x 21 = Rs.31,500/-
The evaluation system of the program is based on two components:
- a) Continuous evaluation in the form of assignments (weight: 30%) This component carries a weight of 30%. There will be one graded assignment per course. The assignment is to be submitted to the Coordinator of the Study Centre to which the student is assigned or attached with.
- b) Term-end examination (weight : 70%)
Term-end exams will be held twice every year in the months of June and December. The students are at liberty to appear in any of the examinations conducted by the University during the year. A student will be allowed to appear in the Term-End Examination, only after s/he has registered for that course and submitted the assignment.
To apply for Ignou MBA admission 2018, please visit the university official website at following link to download prospectus and check out the latest admission notification: click here
Subscribe to us for more latest updates.